Suppose you are installing a printer but can't do so because of the error code 0x000003eb. How to solve the error code? The error message doesn't give you much information as it displays unable to install the printer and gives you the error code 0x000003eb.If you are unable to install the printer because of error 0x000003eb, try the steps given here to fix the issue.
Solution 1: Ensure Windows Installer Service is Running
- Press the Windows key along with the R key, then type services.msc and tap the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Double click on the Windows Installer service from the list.
- If the service isn't running automatically, ensure the Startup type is set to Automatic and click Start.
- Now, install the printer and check if the error code 0x000003eb has been fixed.
Solution 2: Start Clean Boot
Before you begin, unplug all the external devices connected to your computer and then install the printer.
- Press the Windows and R keys together, then type 'msconfig' and click OK. Otherwise, type MSConfig in the search bar and select System Configuration.
- Under System Configuration, select the Services tab.
- Uncheck Load startup items under selective startup.
- Select the Service tab and check the box Hide all Microsoft services and then select Disable all to disable the unwanted services.
- Now, in the Startup tab, select Open Task Manager and disable all the startup items which are enabled.
- Close the Task Manager.
- Click OK and then Restart.
- Once you have finished the clean boot, make sure to install the printer and see if you can fix the printer installation error 0x000003eb.
If you cannot install your printer, uninstall your printer entirely and then again install new drivers. Make sure to use the installation CD that came along with the Printer. For more assistance to fix the unable to install printer error 0X00003Eb, click the CALL button.