Check if the printer is ready
Make sure your HP printer is turned on.Ensure that you have finished the initial hardware setup of the printer. Now, if the Macbook is not connecting to HP printer, try the steps below.
Reset The Printing System
- On your MacBook laptop, click the Apple logo on the top of the screen.
- Click the System Preferences
- Select the Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Print & Scan
- Right-click anywhere in the Printers Or else, press the Control key and click anywhere in the Printers window.
- Now, you have to click Reset printing system.
- When a confirmation window pops-up on the screen, click the Reset
- Type the administrator name and password in the appropriate fields.
- Click the OK button to finish the process.
- Continue with the steps if the Macbook not connecting to the HP printer even now.
Uninstall And Reinstall The HP Printer Driver/Software
- If you have connected the HP printer to your MacBook laptop using the USB cable, disconnect it.
- Access the Finder
- Click the Go tab and choose the Applications
- Select the HP or Hewlett Packard
- If you see the HP uninstaller, double-click it. This will uninstall the HP printer software.
- If the HP uninstaller is not in the folder, continue with the following instructions.
- Drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash
- Now, press the Ctrl key and click the Trash icon at the same time.
- Select the Empty Trash option to remove the HP printer software.
- Download the HP printer software from the official HP web page and install it on the MacBook laptop.
- Specify the connection type when prompted. Establish a connection between the HP printer and the MacBook laptop.
- Still, if Macbook not connecting to the HP printer, continue with the following steps.
Troubleshooting The HP Printer Connection
- Shutdown your MacBook laptop and turn off the HP printer.
- Remove the USB cable and check if it is not damaged. If not, change the damaged cable with a new one.
- If necessary, connect the USB cable to a different USB port on the MacBook laptop.
- Turn off the laptop and printer.
- Check if the MacBook cannot connect to the HP printer problem is resolved.
- Once you turn off your printer, wait for 10 seconds.
- Unplug the printer’s power cord from the power source.
- Shut down your laptop.
- Connect the printer’s power cord to the power source and power up the printer.
- Power cycle your router and turn on the laptop.
- Connect the printer and laptop to the same wireless network.
If still the Macbook not connecting to the HP printer, click the Call button, and our technical support member will assist you in resolving the problem.