If your Windows 10 computer’s built-in driver failed to install the HP printer driver, then you’ve reached the right page to resolve it. Perform the following steps one-by-one to resolve the HP printer won't install on Windows 10 issue.
Delete your HP printer from Devices & Printers
- Disconnect your HP printer from the computer first.
- If you’ve connected your printer over a USB cable connection, then unplug the cable from the printer.
- Restart your printer.
- Once your HP printer reaches the ready state, sign in to your Windows 10 computer with the admin rights.
- Click anywhere in the search field and type
- Choose the Devices and Printers option from the list of options.
- In the Devices and Printers window, select and right-click on your HP printer.
- Click the Remove Device option from the Context
- Remove your printer from the printer’s list by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the printer has beenremoved successfully, restart your computer.
Connect your HP printer to the computer
Now, connect your HP printer to the computer over a USB, wireless, or wired connection to resolve the HP printer won't install on Windows 10 issue. The below section explains all three methods in detail.
for USB Connection
- Check if your computer is turned ON first.
- If yes, connect it to a stable internet connection.
- Turn on your printer if it is turned OFF.
- Using a USB cable, connect your HP printer to the computer.
- Now, a pop-up window saying a new hardware found will open.
- Install the printer driver by following the on-screen instructions.
For Wireless Connection
- Gather your wireless credentials first.
- Make sure that your HP printer, computer, and wireless router are turned ON.
Now, connect your printer to the wireless network by referring to the printer’s user guide.
For Wired Connection, For Turn on your router.
Get an Ethernet cable, and using it,connect your HP printer to the router.
Set the Auto-download option
- On your Windows 10 computer, open the Change device installation settings
- Select the Yes option in the Device Installation settings dialog box.Click the Save Changes
Perform the last step of the troubleshooting to resolve the HP printer won’t install issue on Windows 10.
Using the Add Printer Wizard
Install your HP printer driver on the Windows 10 computer using the Add Printer wizard.
- Open the Control Panel
- Go to the Devices & Printers
- Click the Add a printer
- Select your printer on the Add a device dialog box.
- If your printer is not listed, then click The printer that I want isn’t listed and select an option to find it out.
- Click the Next
- Perform the on-screen instructions to resolve this issue.
If the HP printer won't install on Windows 10 issue persists, then contact us.