If a printer is connected to a wireless network, you can operate the printer via the Wi-Fi. To set up your Canon printer to the wireless network, use the following steps.
- Plug the power cable into your printer and turn it on.
- Switch on the wireless router and write down the network SSID & password.
Printer software installation:
- Use the software CD on your computer to install the printer software.
- Otherwise, download the printer software online. Follow the below steps to proceed with the download.
- Turn on your computer, connect to the same Wi-Fi network, and launch a web browser.
- Visit the official Canon website and go to the support page of your printer’s model.
- Next, download the required driver from the software section.
- Open the printer software package and run the installation file to set up Wi-Fi on your Canon printer.
Wi-Fi setup on the control panel:
If the printer has a Settings button, then press it; if not, go to the printer’s home screen on the LCD panel.
Navigate to the Network setup menu, and choose Wireless LAN setup.
Now, the printer scans for the available wireless networks.
When the printer detects the network, the Wi-Fi network name appears on the screen.
Enter the network password to connect the printer to the Wi-Fi network.
In case the printer cannot identify the network, use a USB cable connection and continue with the setup.
Add the printer on the computer:
- Open the computer settings window. UnderDevice and Printers, select Add a printer.
If your computer and the printer are connected via a USB cable, the printer’s name appears in the window.
Choose the correct printer name and add it.