How To Connect Chromecast To Laptop
Google Chromecast is a device that can be used to stream all kinds of media to your TV from another device such as a PC, laptop, or mobile. Chromecast is one of the most popular tech gadgets from Google. Instead of purchasing a new smart TV, you can utilize Chromecast to enjoy similar streaming capabilities, that too at a fraction of the total cost.
Setting up Google Chromecast:
If you are going to begin using a new Chromecast, please carry out the instructions given below:
- First, connect your Chromecast to the HDMI port on your TV.
- Next, navigate to the Chromecast setup page and download the Google Home Android or Apple app. Make sure that the app is compatible with the laptop you are using.
- Now, follow the instructions on your device to connect it to your wireless network.
Connecting to Chromecast from a Laptop:
Ensure that your laptop has the Google Chrome browser installed on it. Next, continue with the instructions given below:
- On your laptop, open the Google Chrome browser window.
- To start streaming to your TV, click on the three dots in the top-right corner of your browser window.
- Now, choose Cast and then select the Chromecast device that you wish to use. In case you are using more than one Chromecast device, all these devices will be displayed.
- To activate the drop-down list, click on the Sources button. Now, you have to choose between the following three options:
- Cast tab: This option will show only the currently active tab.
- Cast desktop: This option will show your entire laptop screen, even if you are not browsing.
- Cast file: This option will display the file of your choice.
- Now, select how much of your screen you wish to be cast.
- Next, choose the name of the preferred Chromecast device. Your content will now start streaming.
When you are done with all the connections, you can start using your TV and then watch your favorite movies and photos. You can also enjoy your social media and stream news channels.