CONNECT BROTHER MFC L2700DW PRINTER TO Wi-Fi
The Brother MFC-L2700DW printer can be connected to Wi-Fi in many ways. The step-by-step how to connect Brother mfc l2700dw printer to wi-fi guidelines for a few of the connection methods are given in this article, which may help you to connect your printer to Wi-Fi.
Before connecting the printer:
Make sure that the initial setup of your printer has been done.
Check whether the wireless router is turned on and is connected to your
Make a note of the SSID and password of your Wi-Fi network.
Place the printer near your wireless router.
The wireless connection cannot be established if the printer already has a wired connection. So, remove all the wired connections on your printer.
Now, proceed with any of the how to connect Brother mfc l2700dw printer to wi-fi methods given below.
Method 1: Using the printer software
Connecting a Brother printer to Wi-Fi using the printer software is the recommended connection method. This can be accomplished by connecting the Brother printer to the computer temporarily using a USB cable. However, it can also be done without a USB cable.
Printer Software: The printer software can be installed from the CD-ROM received along with the printer. If your computer does not have a CD drive on it, then download the full driver and software package from the Brother Solutions Center website.
Now, carry out the steps as mentioned below.
- Turn on your computer and printer.
- Insert the printer CD-ROM into your computer.
- In the CD-ROM’s main menu, click Install MFL-Pro Suite to begin the installation.
- If the Autoplay wizard does not open, then locate the installer file from the CD-ROM or the downloaded software package and double click it.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions in the installation wizard until the Connection type screen appears.
- When the installation wizard prompts for the connection type, select the Wireless Network Connection option and click the Next button.
- In the Wireless Device Setup window on following how to connect Brother mfc l2700dw printer to wi-fi guide, if you have a USB cable, then select the Yes, I have a USB cable for installation option. Else, select the No, I do not have a USB option and click Next.
- When the installation wizard displays the SSID of the available wireless networks, select your network’s SSID from the list.
- If your SSID is not listed, click the Advanced option and enter the SSID manually.
- Follow the instruction displayed on the installation wizard to complete the setup.
- Once when the printer is connected to the Wi-Fi, unplug the USB cable if connected, and perform a test print.
- If the connection fails, click the Retry option and repeat the above-mentioned steps.
Method 2: Using the printer’s control panel
The steps to connect a Brother MFC-L2700DW printer to Wi-Fi using its control panel are given below.
- Turn on the printer and the wireless router.
- Press the Menu button on the control panel.
- Press the - button to move down the menu and go to the Network option. Press OK.
- Press the - button again to select the Setup Wizard option and press the OK button.
- When the control panel display prompts WLAN Enable?,press the up or + button to select On.
- Now, the printer will search for the SSID of nearby wireless networks.
- When the SSIDs are displayed, navigate using the up or down button on the control panel and select your wireless network’s SSID. Then, press the OK button.
- In the next step of using how to connect Brother mfc l2700dw printer to wi-fi steps, enter your Wi-Fi password when the control panel display shows the Network Key field. Press OK after entering the password.
- Select Yes when the printer prompts Apply Settings?
- The printer will now connect to the Wi-Fiand display connected.
- Then, print a wireless status report on your printer.
- You can add your printer to your computer later using the printer software.
Method 3: Using WPS
The steps to connect the Brother printer to Wi-Fi using the one push method of WPS are given below.
- Ensure both the printer and wireless router are turned on.
- Press the Menu button on the control panel of your printer setup.
- Press the down button, select the Network option and press OK.
- Now, select WLAN > WPS / AOSS and press the OK button.
- Select the Yes option in the WLAN Enable? step.
- Now, when the printer displays ‘Start WPS/AOSS on your wireless access point/router,’ go to your wireless router and press the WPS button on it.
- Now, press the OK button on the printer’s control panel.
- On finishing how to connect Brother mfc l2700dw printer to wi-fi guide, When the printer is connected to Wi-Fi using the WPS method, it displays the Connected message.