Add a Printer To Google Cloud Print
Using the below given how to add a printer to google cloud print procedure, You can connect your printer to Google Cloud Print and access it from anywhere over the Internet to print your media. The basic requirements for using the Google Cloud Print are a printer with Wi-Fi connectivity and a computer with the Google Chrome browser.
The steps to add your printer to the Google Cloud Print are given below.
- Turn on your printer and the computer.
- Connect your printer to your computer over Wi-Fi.
- Check whether your printer is cloud-ready or not from the Google Cloud Print website. If your printer is available in the list, then it is cloud-ready.
- Now, open the Google Chrome web browser on the computer, which is connected to your printer.
- Sign in to Google chrome using your email address and password.
- Now, click the options icon present at the right end of the address bar in the Google Chrome browser.
- Click the Settings option from the drop-down list.
- In the Settings window, scroll down and click on the Advanced option.
- On the Advanced Settings page, scroll down to the Printing section.
- Click the Google Cloud Print option underneath the Printing section.
- In the Google Cloud Print window, click the toggle button to allow Google Chrome to show notifications when new printers are detected.
- Then by proceeding how to add a printer to google cloud print steps, click the Manage Cloud Print devices option. It will take you to the Devices window.
From now on, the steps to add the printers depends on the type of your printer.
To add a cloud-ready printer:
- If your printer is a cloud-ready printer, then it will be listed in the New devices section.
- Choose your printer from the list of printers and click the Manage button nearby your printer's name.
- Then, click the Register button in the Confirmation Registration window.
- Tap the Register or OK button on your printer to register it over the cloud when prompted.
- Now, log in to your Google Cloud Print using your email address and password.
- You can see your printer listed when you click the Printers option.
Adding another printer to a Mac computer:
- With an Ethernet cable, connect the LAN port of the router to the Internet port of the Samsung printer.
- After the connection setup, visit the official website and download the Printer Installer file.
- Under Printer Connection Type, select the Network menu and proceed with the installation using how to add a printer to google cloud print guide.
- If you are connecting printer for the first time, then choose Yes, otherwise, choose No.
- Verify the Ethernet network connection and click Next to continue.
- Now, the installer file scans for the printers connected to Mac and lists the printer devices under Printer’s Found.
- If you cannot find your Samsung printer model, select the Manual Search button and enter the IP address of the printer setup to search it on the computer manually.
- Then, select the software and download the software on Mac.
- Complete the installation steps and finish the how to add Samsung printer steps.
To add a classic printer:
- If it is a classic printer, that is, if the printer is not cloud-ready, then click the Add printers button under the Classic printers.
- The printers detected by the Google Cloud Print will be displayed in the Printers to register window.
- Select the printer that you want to add to Google Cloud Print and then click the Add printer(s) button at the bottom.
- In the next window, a confirmation can be seen regarding the addition of your printer to the Google Cloud Print. In that window, click the Manage your printer option to make sure your printer is added to the Google Cloud Print.
- Now by using the above how to add a printer to google cloud print guide, when your printer has been added to the Google Cloud Print, you can access it over the Internet from any place and print on it.