Dell printers are known for producing clear and crisp documents at a low cost per page. Newer Dell printer models come with wireless capability that makes the printing process even smoother. You can easily connect the printer to a network device (PCs and Mobile devices) wirelessly. Due to its various features and functionalities, Dell printers are preferred by most people around the globe. If you have a Dell printer and worry about installing the printer drivers on your Windows 10 PC, then this guide is for you. We have clearly explained the driver download and installation steps in the below sections. Do check it out.
Uninstall The Existing Printer Drivers:
Before you proceed with the driver download steps, follow the below steps to uninstall the existing printer drivers on your PC.
First, turn off the printer.
Detach the USB cable from the back of the Dell printer (if you have already connected).
On your computer, go to Start -> All programs -> Dell Printers.
Select your Dell printer and click the Uninstall Dell Printer option.
To confirm the uninstallation, click on the Yes button.
Once the uninstallation is over, restart your PC.
Steps To Download The Printer Drivers On Your Windows 10 Pc:
Printer drivers are very important in establishing communication between the PC and your Dell printer. With the help of the printer drivers, you can easily perform all the printer operations directly from your PC. Follow the below steps and download the printer driver.
- Connect your PC to the Internet.
- Open the default web browser.
- Go to the Dell printer's official website.
- Click View products.
- Select Printers from the list of options.
- Enter your printer model and choose your Operating System.
- From the list of printer drivers, choose the relevant one and hit the Download button.
- It will take a few seconds/minutes to download the printer drivers completely.
Steps To Install The Printer Drivers On Your Pc:
- Once the printer drivers are downloaded, carry on with the installation steps.
- Double-click the setup file to begin the installation.
- Click Yes to allow the application to make changes to your device.
- Select your preferred folder and click Unzip.
- Click OK on the WinZip Self-Extractor screen.
- Click Next on the Welcome screen.
- Read the End-User License Agreement carefully, scroll down to read the passage thoroughly, and click Yes.
- If your Dell printer supports wireless connection, choose your preferred connectivity option and follow the on-screen instructions, and complete the installation.
- Finally, restart your computer.
If you are stuck in between and don't know how to proceed further, you can call our technicians to help you out from the situation.